Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Tahini Dressing
Here’s a healthy and satisfying salad that is easy to prepare. The full flavor and natural sweetness of the delicata squash compliment the tangy-ness of the tahini dressing. Think sweet and savory, YUM! So delicious, I promise you’ll make it more than once.
8 cups young spinach
1-2 tablespoons dairy-free ricotta “cheese” (I use Kite Hill)
1 delicata squash, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 dried bay leaves
Pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper + more for serving
Toasted delicata squash seeds*
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon lemon zest
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the sliced squash to a bare baking sheet and toss with olive oil, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once at the halfway point. Remove from oven once the squash is fork tender and the edges are golden brown.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisking to combine.
- Arrange spinach on a serving platter or bowl and top with roasted squash, ricotta cheese, and toasted seeds. Serve with dressing on the side or toss to combine.
*Squash seeds are easy to toast and add a delicious crunch to this (or any) salad -plus they’re loaded with fiber and protein. Simply gather the seeds in a colander and rinse to remove any access squash. Spread seeds on a cookie sheet and allow to dry. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Toss dry seeds with olive oil (or coconut oil), sea salt and fresh pepper. Place in preheated oven and bake 20-25 min or until seeds are golden brown. Sprinkle over salads or enjoy as a snack.