Mexican Street Corn Salad
2 (15oz) cans organic corn, whole kernels
1 tablespoon vegan butter (I like Earth Balance)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, roasted and chopped (seeds removed) *see notes below*
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons EGGLESS mayo (I like Sir Kensington’s Eggless Mayo)
Juice from 2 limes
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, more for garnish
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add vegan butter and melt
- Add garlic and corn and sauté until kernels start to brown, 5-7min. Remove from heat and transfer corn mixture into a large mixing bowl
- Add roasted jalapeño pepper, red onion, mayo, lime juice, cilantro, smoked paprika and combine with corn mixture
- Season with salt and pepper
- Separate into small serving bowls and garnish with more cilantro and lime wedges (optional)
- Serve and enjoy.
*Roasting jalapeño peppers on a gas stove. Turn your gas stove flame on medium. Hold pepper over flame, 60-90 second or until skin on one side chars and blisters. Turn the pepper and let the other side roast for another 60-90 seconds. Carefully remove from heat and place in a paper bag and seal, 5-10min. Remove from paper bag and peel the charred skin from the pepper. Remove the seeds, chop and enjoy!*
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.