Light, Cakey Brownies (GF)
Do you prefer a Fudgy Brownie or a Light, Cakey Brownie? I choose cakey and Joe LOVES Fudgy with…wait for it….walnuts (if you follow me on Instagram I talk about Joe’s walnut obsession quite a bit).
1 stick grass-fed unsalted butter
1 cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, melted
¾ cup cassava flour
¼ tsp xanthan gum
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF and grease a brownie pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter until butter starts bubbling. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Combine the melted butter with coconut palm sugar and mix using a hand mixer until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add cocoa powder, coffee, and baking powder to the egg mixture and combine. Add the melted chocolate and combine.
- Add the butter mixture to the egg mixture and combine until you get a smooth batter.
- Sift together the cassava flour, xanthan gum, and salt and fold into the batter.
- Transfer batter to brownie pan and bake, 20 -25min or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
So now tell me, are you Fudgy? Or Cakey? 🙂
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.