Easy, Kid-Friendly Tahini Cookies! Vegan, GF
It’s Summertime which means the kids are in and out of camp and spending more time at home. I like to keep Caro busy when she’s home. Sometimes we paint or have play dates in the park. Other times we bake healthy desserts like these vegan, gluten-free Tahini Cookies made with simple ingredients like toasted sesame seeds, coconut palm sugar, and oat flour. My mom, Nannette, was in town when we worked on this recipe. It’s a fun, easy way to get the kids (and adults) in the kitchen and interested in healthy baking.
Our friends at MINI MAGAZINE loved the recipe and we hope you love it too! Happy Baking!
¾ cup tahini
1 cup date syrup (or maple syrup)
½ tsp sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup gluten-free oat flour
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add tahini, date syrup, salt, and vanilla extract to a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat for a few minutes while stirring frequently until the ingredients are well combined. Remove mixture from heat and let cool, 10-15min.
- Transfer the tahini mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the oat flour and mix until a rough dough forms (You might need to use your hands for this)
- Roll 1-2 tbsp of dough using the palms of your hands then flatten slightly
- Place cookie batter on cookie sheets with about 1-inch gaps in between to allow for spreading
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and bake 10-15min or until cookies begin to brown
- Cool completely before serving
That’s my MAMA helping out with the recipe, Hi Mama! 🙂
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.