Easter Inspired Brownie Nests
2/3 cup warm water
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup coconut oil
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups coconut palm sugar
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coffee
Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the warm water and cocoa powder to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oat flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, coffee, and salt.
- Add the oil, eggs and vanilla extract to the cocoa mix and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Using a spoon, evenly distribute brownie batter among muffin tins and bake, 25-30min or until edges begin to crisp and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Serve and enjoy!
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife