Dairy-Free Scalloped Potatoes
Growing up my Mother worked long hours which meant lots of frozen dinners or eating out. On Wednesdays, we had Chinese, pizza on Fridays and somewhere in-between we had my favorite, Scalloped Potatoes! I just love anything with crispy edges and a gooey middle – yum!
4 large potatoes (2 sweet potatoes, 2 white potatoes)
3 tablespoons vegan butter (or ghee if not vegan)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Chopped fresh scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and slice potatoes then place them in a large bowl of water to prevent from turning brown. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until soft and translucent, 7-10min.
- Slowly add the flour until a paste forms and coats the onions. Add the almond milk and combine.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Lower the heat and stir frequently until mixture begins to thicken, 7-10min.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour some of the mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch baking dish or casserole dish.
- Layer the potatoes over the sauce and top with more sauce. Repeat until all of the potatoes and sauce are used, finishing with a layer of sauce.
- Bake until potatoes are fork tender and the top is lightly browned, 40-45min.
- Cheerfully remove from the oven and garnish with fresh scallions. Serve and enjoy!
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.