Dairy-Free Cauliflower Alfredo
A few weeks ago, I came across a recipe for Cauliflower Alfredo on Pinterest and thought: “I don’t see how this can taste good” but kept reading and looking through similar recipes. I spent the next 20min convincing myself it couldn’t work, then took the easiest recipe and made my way to the kitchen. Well, it turned out to be delicious and I am sold on the concept. Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce that is dairy-free, gluten-free and guilt-free. GIVE IT ALL TO ME!
There are so many variations of this recipe but I’ll leave you with our favorite one which includes a few tweaks we made along the way. We hope you enjoy it.
1 package gluten-free pasta
1 head of cauliflower, stemmed and cut into florets
1 teaspoon ghee
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup water
1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
salt and pepper to taste
flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, strain, rinse and set aside
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for a few mins or until tender and fragrant (careful not to let it burn)
- Add water and cauliflower and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pan and let cook, 8-10min or until cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully transfer the contents of the pan into a food processor.
- Add Nutritional Yeast and process until smooth or until texture is similar to a traditional cream sauce (add more water if necessary).
- Transfer sauce and cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into plates and garnish with parsley
- Serve and enjoy!
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife