Zoodle Egg Nests!
A breakfast or brunch recipe that is healthy, easy to prepare and ready in minutes. Healthy zucchini noodles (or zoodles) are naturally gluten-free and offer a low carb and low-calorie alternative to bread or pasta. Zoodle Egg Nests are perfect on busy mornings or as part of your Sunday meal prep plan.
Zoodles are long strips of zucchini that resemble pasta. They are fresh, healthy and delicious and a fun way to get picky eaters to eat more veggies. Joe and I are zoodle fans – we order them precut from Fresh Direct to save on cooking time. Zoodles are great with a simple marinara sauce, topped with sautéed veggies or as egg nests. Fun fact: I had no idea what Egg-In-A-Nest was before I met Joe. He introduced me to this clever way of eating eggs and toast. Now that we avoid bread as much as we can Zoodle Egg Nests are the next best thing. Plus it’s so simple to make!
We hope you enjoy the recipe! As always, don’t forget to tag us in your food pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #ourflipsidelife
Happy, healthy eating! Until next week. ?
2 medium zucchini, spiralized
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Red pepper flakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté 30-45 seconds.
3. Add the
4. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
5. Transfer the cooked
6. Crack 3 eggs and add one to each noodle nest.
7. Place the nests in the oven to bake, 8-10min.
8. Once ready, remove the nests from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro, salt and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
Serve hot and enjoy!