Acorn Squash Stuffed With Quinoa And Mushrooms
Looking for veggie options to add on Thanksgiving? Well, look no further! This Acorn Squash Stuffed With Quinoa And Mushrooms is a perfect add-on to the menu. Made with simple ingredients and ready in minutes, this healthy recipe will please picky and non-picky eaters alike. Plus it’s a great option for vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free guests.
This year, we are headed to Miami for Thanksgiving. My Mother’s side of the family is hosting which means a delicious mix of traditional American and Latin American dishes. It’s like the United Nations Of Thanksgiving! I usually start with rice, beans and fried plantains. Seconds are more traditional and somewhat healthy! J Then dessert…
I’ll be sharing this Acorn Squash recipe with the family and of course, baking a FlipBox with the little ones!
Make sure to follow us on INSTAGRAM on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday and take advantage of our special Holiday sales ❤
We hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
2 acorn squash, halved crosswise, seeded
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup button mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
1 cup quinoa
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
¼ cup Nutritional Yeast (optional)
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place baking sheet in the oven and roast the squash, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Remove from the oven and set aside
- Place a pan (or skillet) over medium heat and heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté 1-2min. Add mushrooms and cook, 3-5 minutes
- Mix in the quinoa and vegetable broth and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes
- Carefully scoop out 2 to 3 tablespoons of pulp from each squash half and stir into quinoa mixture. Mix in the spinach, Nutritional Yeast and season with salt and pepper
- Divide quinoa mixture among squash halves and top with fresh parsley (optional)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Karla A Salinari
Wife, mother, creator of OurFlipSideLife
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.